My CL1 continued
by, 29th February 2012 at 11:53 AM (487 Views)
D. Rear Strut (this one is hard to describe but easy to do when you see it)
You will need:
4x High tensile locknuts (with no skirt/flange)
1. Grab the backseat and pop it out of the two clips holding it at the front. Lift up and remove
[IMG] DSCF0523 by rorymonster, on Flickr[/IMG]
2. Remove the bolts holding the backrest along the bottom.
[IMG] DSCF0524 by rorymonster, on Flickr[/IMG]
3. Look under the speakers in the parcel tray. Locate and push out the 4 rectangular clips to detach the parcel tray.
[IMG] DSCF0548 by rorymonster, on Flickr[/IMG]
4. Push the backrest upwards to free it from the hidden clips
5. Remove the nuts and place the Rear Strut Brace on, it may need a wee bit of modification with a hammer. Once put back on after basing it screw on the locknuts nice and tight.
[IMG] DSCF0545 by rorymonster, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] DSCF0546 by rorymonster, on Flickr[/IMG]
No pics for this next part but when you are doing it yourself you will see what I mean.
6. The Brace will now be pushing the parcel tray up and look generally uncomfortable.The aim is to make a few cuts so that the tray can be tucked under the brace, rather than removing a large chunk of the tray. So grab a craft knife. Pull back the insulation on the underside of the tray about 7-10cm. Now cut across just below where the tray bends to conceal itself behind the backrest. There is a good guide for you knife (it will be obvious once you look at it in person). Cut to where the Brace will be coming through the tray and make a cut forward/down.
7. Repeat for the other side to remove this large chunk of tray that would never be seen anyway as it's concealed by the backrest.Then make a cut back into the tray about the width of the brace (from where the brace comes through the tray so it can be tucked under the brace.)
8. Pop the speaker clips back in and it should be looking pretty good.
9. Make small cuts where it looks as though the brace is interfering with the tray. It should now look tidy so you can replace the seats and bask in your brilliance.